Linked Open Data (LOD) has become a widespread method for the publication and management of data on the web. Many libraries and related institutions have already run projects or launched products that comply with the LOD paradigm. New projects, services and tools are emerging continuously.
The SWIB conference aims to provide substantial information on LOD developments relevant to the library world and to foster the exchange of ideas and experiences among practitioners. SWIB encourages thinking outside the box by involving participants and speakers from other domains, such as scholarly communications, museums and archives, or related industries.
As in the years before, SWIB14 will be organized by the North Rhine-Westphalian Library Service Centre (hbz) and the ZBW - German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics. The conference language is English.
SWIB Programme Committee:
- Uldis Bojars (National Library of Latvia)
- Valentine Charles (Europeana Foundation, Netherlands)
- Karen Coyle (Consultant, USA)
- Sarah Hartmann (German National Library)
- Anja Jentzsch (HPI, Germany)
- Niklas Lindström (National Library of Sweden)
- Joachim Neubert (ZBW, Germany - Chair)
- Adrian Pohl (hbz, Germany - Chair)
- Dorothea Salo (UW-Madison, USA)
- MJ Suhonos (Ryerson University, Canada)
- Osma Suominen (National Library of Finland)
- Jakob Voß (GBV Common Library Network, Germany)
If you want to look at previous SWIB conferences: http://swib.org/swib14/history.php
Godesberger Allee 149