The SWIB conference (Semantic Web in Libraries, German: "Semantic Web in Bibliotheken") is an annual conference focusing on Semantic Web and Linked Open Data (LOD) in the library world. It is held by turns in the Cologne region and Hamburg. The topics of talks and workshops at SWIB revolve around opening data, linking data and creating tools and software for LOD production scenarios. These areas of focus are supplemented by presentations of research projects in applied sciences, industry applications, and LOD activities in other areas. SWIB mainly targets IT staff, developers, librarians and researchers.
As in prior years, SWIB14 will be organized by the North Rhine-Westphalian Library Service Centre (hbz) and the ZBW - German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics. The conference language is English.
Is there an interesting service, research topic or project that you would like to present at the conference? Or would you like to offer a pre-conference tutorial or workshop on the afternoon of 1 December? We appreciate proposals on the following or related topics:
We are looking forward to receiving your proposals by 1 June 2014. Please submit an abstract of 1000-1500 characters using our website at https://www.conftool.net/swib14.
- Uldis Bojars (National Library of Latvia)
- Valentine Charles (Europeana Foundation, Netherlands)
- Karen Coyle (Consultant, USA)
- Sarah Hartmann (German National Library)
- Anja Jentzsch (HPI, Germany)
- Niklas Lindström (National Library of Sweden)
- Joachim Neubert (ZBW, Germany - Chair)
- Adrian Pohl (hbz, Germany - Chair)
- Dorothea Salo (UW-Madison, USA)
- MJ Suhonos (Ryerson University, Canada)
- Osma Suominen (National Library of Finland)
- Jakob Voß (GBV Common Library Network, Germany)
If you want to look at previous SWIB conferences: http://swib.org/swib14/history.php
Godesberger Allee 149
16 May 2014
Deadline for Call for Proposals extended until 1 June 2014.
in friendly cooperation with:
kindly supported by: